Re: RFR: package mozilla-pwdhash description

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 11:59:56PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Hyphenation, to show the more-tightly bound relationship between some
> words used in a phrasal modifier, seems a clarity-seeking practice
> rather than a dumbing down.

What isn't clear about "clarity seeking practice" where it needs a
hyphen?

I understand that English is an evolving/living language, but I've
always thought that hyphenation was used sparingly; for example in
splitting words.

Although, I have reason to suspect it is an American practice which has
spread in the same way that "the letter 'z' replacing the letter 's'"
has spread.

--
Chris.
======