Re: [RFR] templates://apt-cacher-ng/{apt-cacher-ng.templates}

#include <hallo.h>
* Justin B Rye [Sat, May 30 2009, 10:35:12AM]:

> > The last options are not just the logical siblings or opposites, we are
> > talking about two variables in the equation (configured by user or by
> > setup?  auto-modified once or always?). And it's intended for people
> > that want a previously created setup go away since former releases
> > created that config silently.
>
> I for one don't understand the use case for option four.  If I want
> apt-cacher-ng to delete its config file and do no proxying,

??

The question is not about "the proxying" or not but the way to do it.

> shouldn't I just purge it?

Purge what? The whole package to get rid of one feature?

Anyhow, I think the "purging" option should be dropped, since its means
going through config with the axe, and because people who didn't care
about that in the past won't care in the future.

Any comments to the following proposal (which would replace the previous
two questions).

Template: apt-cacher-ng/gentargetmode
Type: select
_Choices: Setup once, Setup now and update later, No automated setup
_Default: Create once
 Apt-cacher-ng can request packages from a mirror of your choosing, instead of
 the one requested by the client. To configure this feature, sets of source
 mirrors needs to be configured for various distributions.
 .
 During the package installation, this sets can be configured based on the
 current state of /etc/apt/sources.list. Optionally, this process can be
 repeated on every package update (modifying configuration files later).
 .
 NOTE: selecting "No automated setup" can leave previously created mirror
 configuration behind, which needs to be updated by cache administrator.

Regards,
Eduard.