Re: [RFR] templates://openvas-server/{openvas-server.templates}

Tim Brown wrote:
>>> Quoting Justin B Rye:
[...]
> Quote from the main project home page at http://www.openvas.org/:
>> OpenVAS products are Free Software under GNU GPL ***and a fork of Nessus.***
>
> Note the keyword are highlighted.  We do acknowledge that we are a fork of
> Nessus however when I originally named the project GNessUs this caused
> problems with Tenable who made accusations that the project was attempting to
> pass off on their trademark.  Rather than argue over something trivial, I
> backed down and invited the community to choose a name, and thus OpenVAS was
> adopted.  Just something to consider when describing it as FreeNessus which
> is a rather *contentious* point in the eyes of some.

My apologies - I didn't mean to imply that the description should
word it like that.  But the webpage quote above doesn't quite convey
the information you're assuming it conveys.  Compare "Xemacs is Free
Software under GNU GPL and a fork of GNU Emacs"!

A reference somewhere in the package's long description to OpenVAS
being "a free fork of Nessus" would be enough to get the point
across that the primary reason for its creation is that Nessus is
no longer free.