Re: [RFR] templates://openvas-server/{openvas-server.templates}

Quote from the main project home page at http://www.openvas.org/:

> OpenVAS stands for Open Vulnerability Assessment System and is a network
> security scanner with associated tools like a graphical user front-end. The
> core component is a server with a set of network vulnerability tests (NVTs)
> to detect security problems in remote systems and applications.
>
> OpenVAS products are Free Software under GNU GPL ***and a fork of Nessus.***

Note the keyword are highlighted.  We do acknowledge that we are a fork of
Nessus however when I originally named the project GNessUs this caused
problems with Tenable who made accusations that the project was attempting to
pass off on their trademark.  Rather than argue over something trivial, I
backed down and invited the community to choose a name, and thus OpenVAS was
adopted.  Just something to consider when describing it as FreeNessus which
is a rather *contentious* point in the eyes of some.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Brown