Re: [RFR] templates://openvas-server/{openvas-server.templates}

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):

> It works okay, but you've already said "please", so it can afford to
> be less round-about:
>
>     OpenVAS clients will not connect to servers with expired certificates,
>     so you should choose a duration longer than the time you plan to run
>     this server.

Great. Adopted...just like all other suggeston, as always...

> Looks fine, except that I'd hyphenate "two-letter".  Wait, isn't
> there a default/example text?  (It may seem too obvious to need one,
> but, well, I live in a country with two different competing
> two-letter codes).

We could suggest a default to "US" (or "GB" to at least save the poor
British citizens the dilemna of UK|GB).

> >  Template: openvas-server/province
> >  Type: string
> > - Enter the state or provice you reside in.
> > + Please enter the state or province where this server resides.
> >
> > Removing the "Your". Where *I* live is not relevant. What's relevant
> > is the location of my server or the location of my organization.
>
> The phrase "state or province" seems to be official X.809ese, though
> again it's an awkward one for Brits - does it want "Borough of North
> East Lincolnshire Unitary Authority" or does it want "England"?

The same problem is true for most countries. The proposed wording is
the most common in such situations and we can hope that citizens of
countries with weird subdivision schemes already know how to cope with
this (so no need to point them back to ISO-3166-2...).

> (It seems to me that the number one fact people need to know about
> OpenVAS is that it's effectively FreeNessus, now that the Nessus3
> license has gone proprietary.  But even the project homepage doesn't
> bother to mention that.)

You're right. Maintainers, is the omission of Nessus deliberate or
not?

I indeed ignored that OpenVAS is the free fork of Nessus until Justin
mentioned it and I would have welcomed to leanr about it.