Re: [ITR] templates://unattended-upgrades/{templates}

Hello,

sorry for my slow reply.

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:54:26PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> (all messages sent in a row because I think this review should be done
> fairly quickly)
>
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> The Debian internationalisation team and the Debian English
> localisation team will soon begin the review of the debconf
> templates used in unattended-upgrades.

Thanks a lot, that is a great service :)

> This review takes place for all packages that use debconf to interact with
> users and its aims are:
> - to improve the use of English in all debconf templates;
> - to make the wording of debconf templates more consistent;
> - to encourage more translations of templates.

Is there a similar process going on for the package descriptions? I
remember reading about one.

[..]
> The first step of the process is to review the debconf source
> template file(s) of unattended-upgrades. This review will start on Sunday, November 30, 2008, or
> as soon as you acknowledge this mail with an agreement for us to
> carry out this process.
>
> All parts of the process will be carried out in close collaboration
> with you, and, unless you explicitely ask for it, no upload nor NMU
> will happen for unattended-upgrades.
[..]

I'm all for it and I think its a great thing to do.

Cheers,
 Michael