Re: bind9 1:9.5.0.dfsg-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package bind9

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:05:02PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Before people start translating, may I suggest a review round for the
> templates? The current strings seem to have a few issues.

Yeah - I expect that they do... :-(  And, since debconf-updatepo doesn't
like it when I call it debian/bind9.templates, they're even out of date
from reality before the mail went out... sigh.

> Problem with review based purely on the PO file is that you don't see the
> context (especially what is a title, prompt or introduction), so my
> proposed alternatives may not be optimal.
> > msgid "Options that should be passed at startup to bind9"
> Should this be terminated by a colon or a period?
>
> Wouldn't "... to bind9 on startup" be better? Especially given that the
> next string already uses that phrase. If those strings are part of the
> same dialog there seems a bit too much duplication in them.
>
> > "Please enter here the options which should be passed to the
> > bind9-daemon on startup."
>
> s/here //
> s/which/that/
> s/bind9-daemon/bind9 daemon/

s/the bind9-daemon/named/ is what I have now. (post 9.5.0.dfsg-1)

> > msgid "which user should bind9 run as?"
>
> Sounds a bit crooked. Maybe:
> "Under which user account should the bind9 daemon be run?"
> Or if it is a text entry prompt:
> "User account for running the bind9 daemon:"

Here is the actual templates file, please feel free to pick on it until
it conforms to debian-l10n-english's opinion of what it should look
like.

I had clearly forgotten where bind9 was it in the process of getting
debconf questions, and it got caught up in the fever of sending out
postfix for more translations. :-(

thanks,
lamont
Template: bind9/start-as-user
Type: string
Default: bind
 The default is to run bind9 under the 'bind' user account. If you would
 like to use a different user account, please enter the username of that
 account.

Template: bind9/different-configuration-file
Type: string
Default:
 Please provide any additional options (other than username) that should
 be passed to named on startup.

Template: bind9/run-resolvconf
Type: boolean
Default: true
 Should resolvconf run when bind9 starts up?