Re: bind9 1:9.5.0.dfsg-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package bind9

On Saturday 31 May 2008, LaMont Jones wrote:
> Here is the actual templates file, please feel free to pick on it until
> it conforms to debian-l10n-english's opinion of what it should look
> like.

Thanks.

> Template: bind9/start-as-user
> Type: string
> Default: bind

The quotes should be dropped.

>  The default is to run bind9 under the 'bind' user account. If you
> would like to use a different user account, please enter the username
> of that account.

I liked the proposal from Justin:
  The default is to run bind9 under the 'bind' user account. To use
  a different account, enter the appropriate username.

> Template: bind9/different-configuration-file
> Type: string
> Default:

Empty default field can just be dropped.

>  Please provide any additional options (other than username) that
>  should be passed to named on startup.

Maybe: "... passed to the bind9 daemon (named) on startup." ?

> Template: bind9/run-resolvconf
> Type: boolean
> Default: true
>  Should resolvconf run when bind9 starts up?

I think it would make sense to replace the second sentence (the long
description) by some description of why it is a good idea to run
resolvconv, or why someone would not want to run it. As it is a user
really has no basis to answer the question.

Cheers,
FJP