Re: Description for pycha

Quoting Vincent Bernat (bernat@luffy.cx):

> I think that we miss the fact that this is a python library. This is not
> for  "simple" end users  but for  users that  know a  bit of  python. By
> peorviding, you mean "providing"?

Yeah, as Justin pointed, that wasn't obvious from the initial
description itself.

In such case, it makes sense to mention Python, of course

"peorviding" was of course a typo of mine, sorry for this.

> >From the suggestion of Justin,  if I drop "simple" from the description,
> I  just get "chart  drawing library"  for description.  I can  then tell
> "chart drawing library using Cairo". Cairo may be technical, but:
>  - this is a dev package
>  - for me,  Cairo is a modern technology and having  it mentioned in the
>    description tells me that I will get some nice features automatically
>    (antialiased fonts and lines for example).

I'd suggest "chart drawing library for Python", maybe. Then move the
mention of Cairo to the long description.

> Mixing your proposition with the one from Justin gives:
>
> Package: python-pycha
>  This package provides  a Python library for drawing  most common charts
                                                      ^^ double space

>  (pie, line,  or bar) using  Cairo as backend.  It aims to be simple to
>  use,  flexible,  lightweight,  attractive  and customizable  but  still
>  providing sane default settings.

Apart from the double spaces, I find this quite good. Again, I'd maybe
mention Python rather than Cairo in the short description, but that's
all I want to point a little be stronger.