Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> Quoting David Kastrup (dak@gnu.org):
>
>> I have stated my point, repeatedly, and specified where the upstream,
>> carefully worded package description is to be found.  I am not a
>> Debian developer and not responsible if they choose to ignore the
>> upstream text.
>>
>> I have also repeated about four times the reasoning why
>> preview-latex-style should neither suggest nor recommend or require
>> AUCTeX.  There is absolutely no point in continuing the repetition as
>> it gets neither more nor less valid in this manner.  If I fail to
>> convince you, that's that.
>>
>> I will clearly not waste any more time on this.
>
> - You (David) are upstream for one of these packages and you happen to
> read the Debian package "PTS" and more particularly
> auctex@packages.debian.org. You are not the Debian maintainer of this
> package and clearly don't want to. You of course have the best idea of
> what your work is good for and how it should be described...:-)

That seems debatable.  But it is a debate I am not interested in.

> The blocker is the preview-latex-style description:
>
> Package: preview-latex-style
> .../...
> Homepage: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html
>  This package provides style files that enable previewing of equations,
>  figures or other LaTeX environments. It combines folding with in-source
>  previewing to give a true WYSIWYG experience in the source buffer
>  without sacrificing control. This utility comes with its own manual.
>
> So, let me ask a very last basic question to both upstream (You,
> David) and Debian maintainers (apparently, Davide G. M. Salvetti who
> is the official maintainer is either not very responsive....or does
> not want to comment):
>
> Do you think that the above is OK to describe (your software|your
> package)?

No.  It describes preview-latex, an integral part of AUCTeX.  It might
have been distributed at some point as a separate package.  It no longer
is.  The above text with the exception of "style files" would belong, if
at all, in the AUCTeX package description where this functionality is
situated.

I have more than once specified where to find a suitable description of
the preview-latex styles, and have also quoted it.

> In any case, we will move on, either by proposing this...or by
> proposing something else, which can only come with your help.

Sorry, but I don't accept this fingerpointing.  I _have_ given my help.
If you choose to ignore that and keep asking for what has been given
already, it is not my fault at all.