Re: Request for English debconf template review

> Sorry, I consider single-spacing of sentences a loss of information about
> the structure of the text.  If you want debconf to condense double-spacing
> of sentences to single-spacing for display that's fine with me, but asking
> me to single space my sentences in the source string falls into the category
> of "things Debian doesn't have the authority to ask a native speaker to
> standardize unless they agree with my standard." :-)

I'm not exactly sure about getting the point in "loss of information
about the structure".

Do you actually *always* double-space sentences or do you use
double-space only in some situations?

If you always double-space, that actually means you use this trick to
respect a typography standard (IIRC, a space after a sentence dot
should be 1.5em). So, just a trick which doesn't fit all other
language's way to deal with sentence spacing in computer texts (while
all languages have roughly the same typography conventions for
sentence spacings). So, even if I know I can't enforce this on you, I
would just disagree with you there..:)

If you sometimes single-space, sometimes double-space, it means you
give different meaning to both these spaces and I would be convinced
more easily..:-)