Re: Debconf rewrite project: 2nd review of the intent.txt mail

On (10/03/07 13:00), Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 08:51:46AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Quoting MJ Ray (mjr@phonecoop.coop):
> > > I've been quite picky about misplurals, articles and prepositions(?),
> > > so this looks worse than it is.
> >
> > Except the s/Debian/debian thing that really should be debated (IIRC,
> > Ian Jackson uses "Debian" and this is what's used everywhere in our
> > documentation), I adopted all proposed changes as they are obvious
> > enhancements of my use of English.
>
> I'm not sure I agree with the 'debian' thing, and haven't seen it used
> as such. What on earth is a "special noun"?

I assumed that he meant proper noun, so it would be uppercase.

The front page of www.debian.org uses this.

> Notes:
> - -ise vs. -ize. Actually I prefer -ize as part of British English in
>   any case, but it is certainly correct for US English.

Apart from a couple of cases I prefer -ise. However I think if we are
going to try and do both we can use -ise for the en_GB version.

> - Should debconf be capitalized?

I don't think so in this case.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256