Re: [RFR] templates://gnome-applets/{gnome-applets.templates}

Christian Perrier wrote:
>>>  If
>>>  in doubt, you should not choose this option.
>>
>> Make it obvious that laziness is safe:
>>
>>    If in doubt, accept the default of 'no'.
>
> <yell>NO</yell>. Thou Shalt not make reference to interface widgets in
> debconf translations. "No" is one. Not all debconf interfaces present
> users with a Yes/No choice.

The "no" wasn't intended to refer to a button label; it was
explaining what message is sent by accepting the default.  It's
"Type: boolean, Default: false", and false here means "no SUID root".

> So, the "choose this option/do not choose this option" wording seems
> to be the most neutral with regard of the various ways to handle
> boolean templates/

It's neutral in the extreme!

  The applet will continue to work if you choose to disable SUID for
  cpufreq-selector, but only for monitoring the CPU clock frequency. The
  applet may need to be restarted for this change to take effect. If
  in doubt, do not choose this option.

Notice that at the point where it says "do not choose this option"
the most recent reference to a choice is _disabling_ SUID.  That's
the reverse of the choice we want the user to think of, and it's
being presented as a decision just as active as enabling SUID, with
no clue which is the default option... so how about:

  If you do not choose to enable SUID for cpufreq-selector, the applet
  will continue to work, but only for monitoring the CPU clock frequency.
  The applet may need to be restarted for this change to take effect.
  .
  If in doubt, accept the default of no SUID root.

--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)