Re: [Pkg-fonts-bugs] ITP: hinting-viewer - tool to view font outline hinting

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Nicolas Spalinger (nicolas_spalinger@sil.org):
>> * Description     : tool to view font outline hinting
>> A GTK+, Cairo-based tool to look in detail at how the FreeType hinting
>> process is affecting the outlines of a font.  It allows looking at a
>> magnified version of the modified outline and comparing it to the
>> resulting pixels.
>
>  GTK+, Cairo-based tool to look in detail at how the FreeType hinting
>  process is affecting the outlines of a font. It allows looking at a
>  magnified version of the modified outline and comparing it to the
>  resulting pixels.

Shouldn't it mention the fact that it's a GNOME app (heavily
dependent on GConf)?

Will ordinary font users know what Cairo is for?

> Rationale: remove the leading article

I don't think that's necessary, though it isn't fatal.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)