Re: [RFR] templates://exim4/{exim4-base.templates,exim4-config.templates}

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Please find, for review, the debconf templates of exim4.

Before I get started on that, I'd like to make an appeal for
comments to clarify our policy on names.

Names of packagenames, including source packages, are always
lowercase ("exim" or "exim4"), as are executables (usually).  When
we use uppercase for a name like "Exim", the way I understand it is
that we're referring to "Exim the software project".  "Exim" may
include any number of executables, in any number of packages; we
capitalise it because upstream capitalise it (and they in this case
choose to treat it as an ordinary proper noun).

The tricky bit is: should we be talking about
a) "Exim3 and Exim4"
	which doesn't accurately reflect upstream's usage
b) "Exim (v3 and v4)"
	but unnumbered "Exim" might by default mean either Debian's
	source-package version exim_3.36-18.2 or upstream's current
	default "Exim", version 4.67...
or of course
c) something else?
--