Re: [RFR] templates://slim/{slim.templates}

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
> Each x-display-manager postinstall changes the "default"
> x-display-manager by overwriting /etc/X11/default-display-manager in
> a sort of annoying reinvention of the alternatives system.

When is this called?  As the system's first choice or last choice or
something else?  (I don't have a current unstable debian system with
X11 AFAIK.)

> Oh, perhaps you're reading the "and" as "and then"?  I hadn't seen
> that interpretation... in that case, maybe it would be clearer as
> "edit each of their init scripts in /etc/init.d, disabling the check
> for a default display manager".

Ah, maybe that is what I was doing - even in the current form, the
comma before "and" seems strange to me.  I think your form, or maybe
"disable the check for a default display manager in each of their init
scripts in /etc/init.d" would be clearer.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef