Re: [ITR] templates://dtc-xen/templates

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > I haven't checked closely but maybe dtc-xen templates are quite close
> > to those from dtc which we reviewed recently.
>
> Is this version of dtc-xen/templates still up for review?

Well, yes. The maintainer introduced many templates and most of them
need a very solid review (just like the dtc templates were needing).

Of course, what I usually don't check is whether the tempaltes are
used or not.

If some templates aren't used in the maintainer scripts, that should
be reported separately as a bug, IMHO.

> According to http://changelogs.debian.net/dtc-xen this package has
> changed its installation behaviour, so the conf_info_finish_setup
> template shouldn't still claim that it monkeys around with
> /etc/sudoers and /etc/sshd_config (which was bug #402438).
>
> Meanwhile here are three l10n-english problems I hope the
> replacement templates file can avoid:
>  -- "VPS Server", ie Virtual Private Server Server
>  -- using "network" to mean "network base IP address" - and likewise
> 	"broadcast (IP address)", "gateway (IP address)"
>  -- "Physical console" used to mean a connection to a VM
>
> It also seems to me that dtc-xen is useless without /usr/sbin/xm,
> which means the lack of "Depends: xen-utils-common" is a bug.

I'd recommend a separate bug report here as well.