Re: [ITR] templates://mnogosearch/templates

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Justin B Rye
>> Christian Perrier wrote:
>>> If someone wants to pick up this review, please answer to this mail,
>>> in the mailing list, with an [ITR] (Intent To Review) label.
>>
>> Like this?
>
> Partly, yes.
>
> The ITR mail is intended to just "mark" that you volunteer to do the
> work.
>
> The real review work should later be sent in a "RFR" mail (Request For
> Review).

I'll get there eventually, but for now I'm still trying to make
sense of the procedure.

> That mail should contain the *entire* debconf templates file

So the original version of the templates file should be included in
both the ITR and the RFR?

> as well
> as the debian/control file after you review and change the original
> file(s).

I don't understand this part at all.  Are you saying I should fetch
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mnogosearch/mnogosearch-common_3.2.41-0.2_all.deb,
pull out the unmodified debian/control file and attach it to my RFR?
Or that I should rebuild the package with an incremented version
number...?  Or that I should always review the package-description
as well as the templates (it does look like it needs it)?  Or do you
just mean that whatever the file, I should include both "before" and
"after" versions?
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)