Re: Debian menu sections name consistency check

On Friday 21 April 2006 17:08, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> This is A-N, I'll send O-W in a few minutes.

Okay, not totally done, I'll send the final part 3/3 in a few minutes. Here
is everything before "Games":

>   Office [new]
>   Office suites, word processors, spreadsheets,
>   address books, CRM, ERP, financial sofware.

Office suites, word processors, spreadsheets,
address books, CRM, ERP, financial sofware, etc.
                                            ^^^^

                                ^
>   Science
>   Programs for science, natural and other.

Programs for science, nature, and related fields.
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(Best guess of what was intended.)

>   Sound
>   Sound players, editors and rippers/recorders.

Sound players, editors, and rippers/recorders.
                      ^

>   System
>   System related software. This is three level
>   menu, do not put entries in second (this) level.

System related software. This is a three-level
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
section, do not put entries directly here.
^^^^^^^                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>      System/Language Environment [was:Language-Environment]
>      This section is reserved to language-env as a special case.

This section is reserved for language-env as a special case.
                         ^^^

>      System/Monitoring [new]
>      System information and monitoring tools, log viewers.

System information and monitoring tools, log viewers, etc.
                                                    ^^^^^^

>      System/Security [new]
>      Security, cryptography and privacy related software,
>      antiviruses, tools to track and report bugs.

Security, cryptography and privacy related software,
antiviruses, tools to track and report bugs, etc.
                                           ^^^^^^

>   Terminal Emulators [was:XShells]
>   Terminal emulators - graphical terminals.

Terminal emulators and graphical terminals.
                  ^^^^^

>   Text
>   Text oriented tools like dictionaries, OCR,
>   translation and text analysis software etc.

Text oriented tools like dictionaries, OCR,
translation, text analysis software, etc.
           ^                       ^

>   TV and Radio [new]
>   TV-in, TV-out, FM radio, teletext browsers etc.

TV-in, TV-out, FM radio, teletext browsers, etc.
                                          ^

>   Viewers
>   Software for viewing images, documents
>   and other (not video) media.