Re: Debian menu sections name consistency check

On Friday 21 April 2006 15:07, Bill Allombert wrote:
> At this point we would like you check that the menu sections name are
> consistent from a grammatical point of view (that we are not mixing name
> and adjective, singular and plural, etc.). For example should the
> section for scientific software be named Science, Sciences, or
> Scientific ?

Some grammar corrections (easiest to see with fixed font). Where possible, I
made the least intrusive change to make it correct. I may not have caught
everything. (There are also some awkward sentences that are correct, but
sound slightly funny--I didn't modify those, since you didn't seem to be
asking for that.)

This is A-N, I'll send O-W in a few minutes.

> Applications [was:Apps]
> Normal applications. This is top level
> section, do not put entries here.

Normal applications. This is the top-level
                             ^^^    ^
section, do not put entries here.

>   Accessibility [new]
>   Tools to aid people with disabilities or
>   on machines lacking usual input devices.

Tools to aid people with disabilities or
for machines lacking usual input devices.
^^^

                            ^

>   Editors
>   Editors, other than office word processors,
>   for text based information.

Editors, other than office word processors,
for text-based information.
        ^

>   Electronics [new]
>   Circuit design tools, simulators and
>   assemblers for microprocessors etc.

Circuit design tools, simulators and
assemblers for microprocessors, etc.
                              ^

>   Mathematics [was:Math]
>   Mathematics related software.

Mathematics-related software.
           ^

>   Mobile Devices [new]
>   Software that allows you to interface
>   with mobile devices (phones, PDA's etc.).

Software that allows you to interface
with mobile devices (phones, PDA's, etc.).
                                  ^

>   Network [was:Net]
>   Network related software. This is three level
>   menu, do not put entries in second (this) level.

Network related software. This is a three-level
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
section, do not put entries directly here.
^^^^^^^                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>      Network/Communication [new]
>      Mail, USENET news, cht, instant messaging,
>      IP telephony, video conferencing software.

Mail, USENET news, chat, instant messaging,
                   ^^^^
IP telephony, video conferencing software, etc.
                                           ^^^^

>      Network/File Transfer [new]
>      File transfer software such as download
>      managers, FTP clients, P2P clients.

File transfer software such as download
managers, FTP clients, P2P clients, etc.
                                    ^^^^

>      Network/Web Browsing [new]
>      Web browsers, tools for offline browsing.
>      elinks, epiphany-browser, webhttrack

Web browsers, tools for offline browsing, etc.
                                          ^^^^

>      Network/Web News [new]
>      Web feed (RSS, Atom etc.)
>      and podcast aggregators.