Re: please review my debconf templates

(I reviewed the Subject field of your mail....typical french keyboard
user typo....:-))

> I think Christian Perrier hates those "answer Y" (with the dialog
> frontend, it's not "Y" but "Yes", and with the gnome one, there is a
> box to tick)... What about "accept"?

I don't "hate" this construction, I think it's inappropriate because
not all debconf interfaces do present users with a Yes/No choice (some
use checkboxes). Another problem is yielded by the fact that the
interface may or may not translate the Yes/No buttons (for instance,
with the dialog interface, this depends on the newt package to be
translated or not in the said language).

More generally speaking, all specific reference to a given user action
must be discouraged ("Hit Enter", "Choose Yes"...) because of the
modular nature of debconf.

> Here are the updated templates, if you or anyone else wants to give
> them a look.

It would be interesting to establish a common practice for
reviews. For instance, have reviewzers provide a unified diff
file. This would allow maintainers to apply changes more easily.

The comments such as ones put by MJ in his very detailed and helpful
reply, could be put as comment in the templates file (to be removed
lateer by the maintainer, of course).