Re: Package description review

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Funny in what sense? In English, funny can mean humourous but also
> odd or strange. I assume you mean humour, but I'd suggest dropping it
> and let the user decide. Or say humourous instead of funny. The
> Americans might prefer humorous. (I think they'd be wrong ;-)
> Alternatively, 'amusing'.

It is a regular and useful application, but designed in a humorous way,
see e.g. the names of the functions, the features themselves.

> 'browsing sites news and board'? It seems like there's a missing word
> or so here. Is it "DaCode sites, news and boards"? Or "DaCode sites'
> news and boards"? I'm not sure.
>
> How about

Yes, it is about DaCode sites' news and boards.

> >  WMCoinCoin (pronounce WMQuackQuack) allows you to browse linuxfr.org,
>
> English users just won't be able to follow CoinCoin -> Quack Quack.

So should I just drop it ? The name must sound strange in English.

> I suggest:
>
> It will:
> * display website news with new items displayed prominently
> [is that correct? I don't really understand what the program does here]

There is a flashing LED when a new item arrives.

> * display private messages, showing the appropriate web page when
>   new messages are received;
> * allow tabbed browsing of multiple sites;
> * display the board and allow new messages to be posted,
>   with the ability to detect, enhance or kill trolls
> [what is the board anyway?]

DaCode's board is a kind of online chat, anonymous or authentified. When
using wmcoincoin, it is generally more convenient than IRC although a
bit less reactive.

> [what are trolls - the regular Usenet kind?]

Yes. You can for example scramble all posts containing a word, or not
display posts from a person you don't like, including replies from other
people. You can also easily enlighten keywords or people.

> We don't usually include URLs in descriptions.

I do in all my packages, as there is no other place to put them. A
dedicated control field would be more convenient, of course.

Please Cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed to the list.