Re: [desktop] Motto

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 10:57:20PM -0700, Neil Spring wrote:
> Branden,
>
> Did you misunderstand Joel's suggestion to change from which
> to that?

Actually, yeah, I read it backwards.  Oops.  :)

I think "Software that Just Works" has a better ring to it as well.

> I think your second 'acceptable' (and the motto with
> 'which') is discouraged usage, backed up by:
>  http://www.sfwriter.com/ow10.htm
>  http://emd.athabascau.ca/html/editors_guide_3.htm
>  http://bmj.com/advice/stylebook/tbook.shtml
>  http://www.stcwvc.org/galley/april/grammar.htm
>  http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/words/mayhem.html
>  http://142.206.72.66/1999/10_oct/0700-e.htm

Well, I disgaree with all of these sources.

> and that "nonstandard" is too generous; it is just wrong.

I don't share that view  in this case, but it isn't really important.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Religion is regarded by the common
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    people as true, by the wise as