Re: Templates proofreading for webbase package

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 09:40:20AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> My slightly rewritten templates :
>
> Template: webbase/create_index_dir
> Type: string
> _Default: /var/lib/mifluz
>  Webbase will store generated indexes in this directory.
>
> Template: webbase/create_cache_dir
> Type: string
> _Default: /var/cache/mifluz
>  Webbase will store the cache file in this directory while creating indexes.
>
> Template: webbase/remove_question
> Type: boolean
> Default: true
>  Do you want to automatically remove the cache and index directories when
>  purging the package?

These seem OK.

Why do you ask debconf questions about the index and cache directory?
What percentage of users would want to change it - 0.1%, 1%, 10%?

We have too many useless debconf questions, IMHO. Only the purge
question here is useful. Actually, it'd be better if was asked when
purging, not when installing - which could be months or years earlier.

Hamish