Re: Help on translation again =)

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> writes:

> > Thanks for the heads-up. :-) I'll be happy to help proofread.
> ok =), you've already got some sections =)

Whoops, I overlooked them the first time, and then never got around to
doing anything with them until now.  I've attached a version with my
revisions.

> hmmm... that's a sign that means 'hugs', we use to tell that
> in the end of ours messages here in Brasil so I abreviated that
> to '[]s' =)
>
> []s! ;)

Ah.  Thanks. :-)

-- a somewhat embarrassed Aaron

<!doctype debiandoc system>

<book>

<title>Practical Guide to Debian GNU/Linux</title>

<author>
<name>Gustavo Noronha Silva</name>
<email>kov@debian.org</email>
</author>

<abstract>
This is a practical guide to the Debian GNU/Linux Operating System.
It intends to be a reference manual for useful features that are
quite unknown to most of the Debian users.
</abstract>

<copyright>
<copyrightsummary>
&copy; 2001 Gustavo Noronha Silva
</copyrightsummary>
This guide is licensed under the terms of the FDL (Free Documentation
License) as published by the Free Software Foundation.
</copyright>

<toc sect1>

<chapt id="docs">Debian Documentation
<sect id="dhelp">The Documentation System (doc-base)
Debian has a centralized system with which many packages register
their documentation.  A vital accompaniment to this system is software
that presents the documentation in an organized fashion.
One such program is <prgn/dhelp/, available in the <package/dhelp/ package.
(See <ref id="instalar"> for information on installing packages.)
Although some packages register directly with <prgn/dhelp/, many register
only with <package/doc-base/ (the centralized system), so you will want to
install <package/doc-base/ as well for best results.
To start dhelp, you can type
<example>
$ dhelp
</example>
at a shell prompt or select "Debian Online Help" from the window
manager's Debian "Help" menu.  <prgn/dhelp/ normally picks a Web browser
automatically, but you can force it to use a particular browser by
setting the environment variable BROWSER.  For instance, if you put
<example>
export BROWSER=galeon
</example>
in <file>~/.bash_profile</file>, then <prgn/dhelp/ will default to starting
Galeon rather than whatever it might otherwise pick.  (Note that
changes to that file will not take effect until the next time you log in.)

</sect>

<sect id="dwww">Debian Documentation via the World Wide Web
available documentation on your system.  It even lets you read
manual pages from your Web browser, which can be very convenient.
To use it, install the package <package/dwww/; for best results, you
will also want to install <package/doc-base/, because not everything
registers directly with dwww.
There are two ways of using <prgn>dwww</prgn>: as an index,
which you can browse to find what you want, or as a fast query
to all the documentation provided by a package. To see the
index, just run
<example>
$ dwww
</example>
<!-- menu entry? -->
To see all the available documentation for a package, type
<example>
$ dwww <var/package/
</example>
There are some other packages you can use to view documentation
registered with <package/doc-base/; for instance, the
<package/doc-central/ package also uses a local HTTP server.
</sect>