Re: Very last chance to update debconf PO translation for the package dbmail 2.2.1-1.1

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 09:57 +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 February 2007, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > You have only a few hours left to update the debconf templates for the
> > dbmail package. After this, I will suggest Paul Stevens, its maintainer,
> > to do an upload (I'm motivated here....that upload could be THE ONE
> > bringing my language to 100%...:-))

I'm not really fond of this push for speed. At the Dutch team, we have
translations review procedures in place. These try to ensure a higher
quality.

This package will be in Lenny at first. Why can't we spare the extra
week now to get it properly reviewed?

The argument about reaching 100%: unstable is a continuously moving
target. Isn't it vastly more telling to be able to claim that French has
100% translation for Etch?

> > This mail is CC'ed to translation teams lists so that some other people
> > can take the translation over (the review process may be squeezed out for
> > those of you who have one but that was indeed the point of the few days
> > initially left....)
>
> I attached an updated translation, it hasn't been reviewed by the rest of
> the team though, but sending it in anyway to make that deadline.

I've found 3 bugs on a cursory look. It's quite a large translation, so
that can happen, that's why we do have these review procedures. But can
we please follow them?

I'm not opposed to shortening it if there's a particular urgency, e.g.
to catch Etch. But skipping them now for Lenny...?

Thijs