Re: "Wrong" Dutch menu entry for choose-mirror in d-i

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 01:06:22PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

||  Dutch uses an interrogative form for the choose mirror menu entry in
||  Debian Installer:
||  Van welke Debian-archive-spiegelserver wilt u gebruik maken?
||  This is somewhat wrong as menu entries should use infinitve forms...or
||  at least be consistent together.
||  Maybe checking other menu entries would be a good idea as well.

There are situations where a question definitely sounds better than any
other form, so in isolation that should be the preferred translation.

As to consistency, I have the impression that you're looking for
consistency between languages, which I think just doesn't apply in
general. Consistency within a language definitely, but not necessarily
between languages.

Or is there something more at work here?

Ciao.                                                          Vincent.
--
Vincent Zweije <zweije@xs4all.nl>    | "If you're flamed in a group you
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/>      | don't read, does anybody get burnt?"