Re: aspell-da for checking d-i translations

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 23:16 +0100, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> Davide Viti wrote:
>
> > Somebody reported a problem with the Danish dictionary for
> > aspell: it seems that words with a trailing full stop are
> > counted as unknown, so for example these pairs of words
> > are counted as separate unknown terms:
> >
> > APT-kilder
> > APT-kilder.
>
> Why is that a problem?

As far as the spellchecker is concerned, punctuation does not matter
when looking for typos; my goal , at least, is to get rid of mispelled
words, no matter where "." or "," are.

> > Could anyone please do something about it?
>
> Can?  Yes.  Will?  No.
>
> In written Danish some strings have to end with a full stop
> while others only end with a full stop, when they are last
> in a sentence (like in English).  Your observation is most
> likely a side-effect of this, and I can't see any sensible
> way to avoid it.

ok I see; maybe this is the reason why I got this message:

"I found at least one spelling error in the Danish po.file.
I suggest that you ignore trailing punctuation in words. E.g. the Danish
unknown_wl has many duplicates with and without a trailing full stop."

perhaps _I_ have to filter out those ".".
BTW: if you are involved with d-i translations in Danish language I just
noticed a problem in "base-installer/debian/po/da.po":
"Den aktuelle standard-kernepakke er '${KERNEL]'."
it should be changed into ${KERNEL}

> Jacob (DSDO editor)

ciao,

Davide