processor architecture, package conflicts

Hi everyone,

Is the latest version of knoppix based on 64 bit or 32 bit architecture? I am asking this because different commands under linux to display the architecture give different answers and when installing various programs, apt-get install requires 32 bit to be installed although the architecture of the cpu I am using is 64 bit.

Furthermore after installing a bunch of packages for a programming project through python3-pip and R (especially R, wavelets package), the program I was testing gave errors, and eventually apt-get --fix-broken install or dpkg --configure -a kept giving other errors that had to do with this issue. I am not quoting the exact errors because, currently I don't have the media with me.

Thank you in advance.

Semih Ozlem