Editing ISO files (Was: saving cheatcodes)

On 4/17/18, Jeffery Mewtamer <mewtamer@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have vague memories of using a Windows application that allowed for
> direct editing of the contents of an ISO file, but I can't remember
> what its called, and I know of no such application for Linux. Still,
> you'd think there would be an easier way to do something like this,
> but the only thing I can remember finding everytime I google in the
> hopes of not having to remaster an iso are false claims that you can
> mount an .iso read-write(If I remember correctly, explicitly telling
> mount to mount read-write using an ISO as the device results in a
> read-only filesystem, mounting read-only message or something
> similar).

Hi, Jeffery.. For this kind of thing, I lean heavy on using something like:

apt-cache search edit iso file

Other users have similarly different search methods that they use. The
specific search above presented the "isomaster" package as a
possibility.

isomaster's description includes:

"Description-en: Graphical CD image editor
 You can use isomaster to:
  - add files to an image
  - extract files from an image
  - delete files from an image"

Sounds pretty promising, but I haven't test driven it yet. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *