Re: StrongSwan as configured on Knoppix 8.1 isn't really useful ...

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 13:44:02 +0100, hb wrote:

> For what it is worth, I tried a Debian Jessie live system: no problem.
> Both my Jessie and Ubuntu 17.10 live systems are 64-bit versions.
>
> I tried it with Knoppix 8.1 and the 32-bit kernel: no problem.

Knoppix has 32-bit userspace and both 32-bit and 64-bit kernels, right?

> I compared the XFRM config entries for both Knoppix kernels: they are
> identical.

AFAIK the XFRM user interface of the kernel is CPU architecture dependent.
On a 64-bit kernel you _must_ use 64-bit userspace for XFRM. Thus the
combination 64-bit kernel / 32-bit emulation / 32-bit userspace
will never work with XFRM.

Greetings,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
010111                                              http://chris.silmor.de/