Re: StrongSwan as configured on Knoppix 8.1 isn't really useful ...

On 02/15/2018 10:54 PM, hb wrote:
> On 02/13/2018 07:06 AM, Klaus Knopper wrote:
>
>> On 10.02.18, hb wrote:
>>> or, more or less the same problems as with Knoppix 7.7.1:
>>> - XAuth is not installed and installing it is not straight forward
>>> - The kernel doesn't seem to be configured to support whatever
>>> (allocating SPI) strongSwan needs.
>>
>> Can you tell me which kernel option is missing?
>
> Could it be one of the XFRMs?

Unlikely.

For what it is worth, I tried a Debian Jessie live system: no problem.
Both my Jessie and Ubuntu 17.10 live systems are 64-bit versions.

I tried it with Knoppix 8.1 and the 32-bit kernel: no problem.

I compared the XFRM config entries for both Knoppix kernels: they are
identical.