Orca not working after returning to Text mode.

Good Afternoon,

I asked about this on the forums, but got no response and figured
maybe someone on the list could help me.

I'm running a highly modified Adriane Knoppix 7.4.2 from the Hard
drive on both my Desktop and Netbook. I recently upgraded Gnome-orca
from version 3.4(the version that ships with 7.4.x) to 3.14(the
version currently available from Debian Testing), and while it's a
nice update(reads some things that the older version couldn't and
actually works with Iceweasel 31 so I'm not stuck with an old
browser), If I return to text-mode after using Iceweasel, Orca refuses
to load the next time I go into Graphical mode and I have to reboot.

Due to a glitch that keeps SBL running in the background, I can read a
screen's worth of X-session terminal messages that would normally be
hidden, and while these messages often mention orca or one of it's
dependencies, I can't make heads or tails of it or determine any
differences in the messages between the times Orca successfully loads
and when Orca fails to load. If I knew how to capture a record of
these messages, I'd post the record, but I don't know how to do so. I
also have no idea as to what I can do to try and diagnose the cause of
the problem.

Any advice on how to determine the cause of or find a solution for
this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it's less of a problem, but I can't pull up Orca's user
preferences even when Orca successfully loads, which I think may be
due to SBL retaining control of Caps lock(which both screen readers
use for many of their keyboard shortcuts).

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.