Re: Bug in Bash shell creates big security hole on anything with *nix in it

Hello Gilles,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 06:42:52PM -0700, Gilles van Ruymbeke wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
> You may also want to update the GNU Bourne Again Shell (Bash) to fix
> a new vulnerability, cf the link below:
> http : / / arstechnica.com/security/2014/09/bug-in-bash-shell-creates-big-security-hole-on-anything-with-nix-in-it/

Since this is a local, not remote security problem, I don't worry much
about it (you can get root more easily by just typing "sudo"), but the
security issues with apts signature verification are of more concern. If
making a new release, I would like to fix as many bugs as possible, of
course. Do you have new information about the e1000e issue?

Regards
-Klaus