Knoppix 7.0.3 locks up laptop with AMD Sepmron cpu

Hi All,
I booted 7.0.3 on an Intel cpu laptop, and all went well.
However several times I tried to boot it on the AMD
Sempron cpu laptop, and it gets to the point where it
says
Do not remove the media until shutdown ..... etc.
Then after about a minute or two, a couple of the
LED's on the laptop (with symbol of a padlock, which
are used to indicate Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock),
start blinking and keybaord and power button become
useless. I have to unplug the power cord, and remove
the battery to shut it down.