Re: remembering to use boot options (was: bad nfs mounting)

On 2011/05/25 03:51 (GMT+0200) Klaus Knopper composed:

 Now if I could only remember to always put no3d on cmdline. :-(

When creating a bootable Knoppix USB flash disk, just add your favourite
boot options to boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg in the APPEND lines. That
way, you won't have to remember typeing them on each boot.

Nice for those with only one or a few puters, all of which can boot USB. What about those with an opposite use pattern, lots of computers, most of which can't boot USB, and those which can requiring BIOS redo each time required; or those who find OM collections far easier to manage than stick collections? I've only ever once created a bootable stick, which was not a pleasurable experience to figure out how to make work.

Is there any simple way to create the same effect when no3d was forgotten, but boot was to runlevel 3? Is there a single line in xorg.conf that can be commented or deleted to do it, or does that vary according to gfxchip?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/