Skype on knoppix

I have a 64 bit HP Pavillion laptop. Originally it came with Vista
(boo hiss). I created a new partition and installed Knoppix (probably
6.0).

My wife loves knoppix. However my sister wants to use skype on
it.
The system balked probably because although both Skype and the
computer are 64 bit Knoppix 6.0 is 32 bit,

Three questions:
1. What flavor of Debian does Knoppix 6.0 most cloesely resemble?

2. If you successfully installed Skype on Knoppix what version of
Skype did you use?

3. My wife loves the Knoppix inteface. If I install Debian instead
what do I need to emulate the Knopppx look and feel?

The ultimate objective is to get Skype running on this computer.
Vista has collapsed so that is no longer an option.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: