Re: memtest crashes with too much RAM

Dear Klaus et al,

I am downloading 6.7.0DVD now and will see how well the memtest works.

If that works, this will be irrelevant, but... I don't think the problem
is hardware support.  memtest was properly reporting the machine's four
slots and successfully testing any single 2GB module in any of them.  It
was properly reporting the locations of two 2GB modules, regardless of
which 2 slots were used, and crashing when attempting to test them.  At
this time, the machine had 32-bit win7 installed, which was reporting only
3.25 GB of memory.  Importantly, win7-32 was occasionally crashing.
32-bit Knoppix was reporting about the same amount of memory (but not
crashing).  Replacing the OS with win7-64, all installed memory was
reported and the windows crashes stopped.  64-bit Knoppix also reported
all the memory.

memtest.com, .org?  What's the difference?

-Andrew