To: "Zvi Vered" <veredz72@gmail.com>
Cc: <_@ing-buero-unger.de>; <debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: knoppix 6.0.1: rc script for run level 2

Hi,

For reasons if independence from customized installed software that
usually adds runlevel scripts which not everybody wants to have started
automatically, and also boot speed reasons, Knoppix does not use the
/etc/rc*.d directories, they are commented out in /etc/inittab. If you
just want to start another /etc/init.d/* script, just add an entry in
/etc/rc.local, which will be executed at the end of autoconfiguration
and before X starts.

The sequence of bootscripts is:

1. /init on the initial ramdisk (mounts all necessary ramdisks, overlay
etc, so init sees a writable system)

2. /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig (started by the real init via
7etc/inittab)

3. /mnt-system(the boot medium)/KNOPPIX/knoppix.sh if present, and /etc/rc.local

4. /etc/init.d/knoppix-startx (in case of runlevel 5).