Re: Check wallpaper selection

> Actually, I do like the picture as it is, because it is much less
> intrusive than the screaming "green-blue-yellow" pictures
> from other desktops.

I agree that your choice uses muted colours.

> A background picture should in my opinion really be something in the
> "background", not a "front picture".

The image is at the front until it will be covered by application windows on the desktop. I find that the (first) impression that you get from this (default) view might matter.

> A decent not too light color with not too much contrast is best,
> since the applications running in front have enough color and contrast.

I agree here, too.

> It's true, I'm quite used to my choice of backgrounds in the most recent
> releases being rated as "boring", but actually, for me they are more
> "real world" than the candy-colored artificial rendering most
> distributions use today.

I would like to point out another detail. The combination of black hills together with grey rain clouds creates an atmosphere that I do not like to make Knoppix 6.2.x also a better user experience.

How do you think about perception from other landscapes/sceneries?
- sunrise/sunset
- seas
- different mountains

Regards,