Re: Check wallpaper selection

Hi Markus,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 02:10:06PM +0100, Markus Elfring wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do not like the first impression from the grey rain clouds and black hills in the picture "background.jpg" after the 6.2 DVD was booted. I would prefer to see a friendly and beautiful landscape scenery. Would you like to select an image that will be more eye candy for the desktop?

Actually, I do like the picture as it is, because it is much less
intrusive than the screaming "green-blue-yellow" pictures from other
desktops.

A background picture should in my opinion really be something in the
"background", not a "front picture". A decent not too light color with
not too much contrast is best, since the applications running in front
have enough color and contrast.

It's true, I'm quite used to my choice of backgrounds in the most recent
releases being rated as "boring", but actually, for me they are more
"real world" than the candy-colored artificial rendering most
distributions use today.

Anyways, if you don't like the picture, just feel free to exchange
KNOPPIX/background.jpg on your DVD or flashdisk. :-)

Regards
-Klaus