Re: Latest Knoppix?

On Thursday 04 December 2008 09:52:39 pm Klaus Knopper wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 08:01:44AM +0800, Ladislav Bodnar wrote:
> > On Friday 05 December 2008, John Culleton wrote:
> > > I have Knoppix 5.1.1 on a cdr. I am looking for a newer
> > > version. The site mentions 5.3.1  but none of the download
> > > sites I checked have anything newer than 5.1.1.
> > >
> > > Is there a knoppix realease newer than 5.1.1 and if so what
> > > site has
> >
> > No, there is no CD edition of Knoppix 5.3.1. The latest Knoppix
> > CD is 5.1.1 and the latest Knoppix DVD is 5.3.1.
>
> Right, instead of tying to reduce the DVD version down to CD, we
> rather decided to work to a new base CD/USB version which is going
> to appear soon ("this year"). Work in progress. The 5.3.1 version
> only exists as DVD yet, sorry.
>
> Regards
> -Klaus Knopper

Thanks for the update. The new laptop I have for my wife has a dvd
drive so I may try to use it with 5.3.1. I have a DVD drive on my
desktop but I have not been successful with burning a dvd yet.
When I get it operating on my wireless net I will try to transmit the
iso image to that machine. First I will try the cd version built by
Kuniyasu.

Thanks many times for all you do,  Klaus and have a very merry
Christmas!
--
John Culleton