Re: Bad X

Hi Felix

I was also running into all kinds of weird problems with Knoppix and screen
resolutions. It looks like the script that Knoppix uses to create the X
configuration file (mkxorgconfig) is not really up to date with current
hardware.

I remastered Knoppix and added the attached script to the /cdrom/KNOPPIX
directory. It basically uses the automatic configuration possibilities of
xorg itself. This script produced *MUCH* better results than mkxorgconfig on
*ALL* the hardware I could get my hands on.

Hope this helps

Ronny