Re: runnIng Knoppix on Windows via qemu? (was:Touring the EU with Knoppix sans laptop)

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 05:38:10PM +0000, t.maiden@att.net wrote:
> That looks pretty good except I usually have to include a param for the bios location.  Try "-L bios/" or "-L pc-bios/".  Note the uppercase "L" and also you may not need the following "/" but it probably won't hurt either.  Play around with it, you can't hurt anything, until you get it to run.  Another option is "-L ." if the bios file is present in the folder with the qemu.exe instead of in separate subfolder.  Have fun...

There is a prepared qemu for windows on the Knoppix DVD. The only thing
you should have to do is double clicking <CDROM>:\qemu-<Version>/start.bat.

We can't include it on the CD because there is simply no space left. But
you could rebuild the outer image and give it a try with overburning.
The qemu directory is about 8-9 MB so this could work.

Copying the qemu directory and the ISO to your USB stick and starting qemu
from there should work too. "-cdrom %%x:\Knoppix.iso" should be the correct
parameter for start.bat then (assuming the name fits; untested).

AFAIK the only case where you need administrator rights for qemu on windows is
when you want to start the accelerator.

Hope this helps.

Martin