runnIng Knoppix on Windows via qemu? (was:Touring the EU with Knoppix sans laptop)

Joel Merrick wrote:
> If it's not been mentioned in the rest of this thread, you could also
> circumvent the need for rebooting by having windows qemu on the USB drive..

I'm no Windows guru, so I'm curious to know how one might do that.  From
what I've read after a quick Google search is that qemu must be
installed on Windows, which requires administrator (i.e. root) access on
the Windows machine.

Is that correct or is there a more simple way?

Regards,
- Robert