Re: problems using persistent kome directory

Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
hi!

i've a problem using a persistent home directory on knoppix 5.1.1:

disk layout:
	/dev/hda1 800MB VFAT, Knoppix was copied here
	/dev/hda2 200MB VFAT, here is knoppix.img

bootoption: home=/dev/hda2

knoppix.img is ext2, unencrypted.

after booting kde comes up and everything looks fine at first sight.
but knoppix.img is mounted on /KNOPPIX.IMG, and /home/knoppix is still on ramdisk. so the persistent homedirectory is not used.
any ideas how to get that working?

n.
I think that this happened to me when one of the startup scripts did not
complete properly. I would have a look in the boot log (Ctrl-Alt-1) to
see if any messages as to "file system merged successfully" occured and
if any errors show up.

I have also had problems with Segmentation Faults when using aufs. At
one point I thought I was going to have to return to 5.0. There is a
pointer to zero bug somewhere in aufs.

Keith

___________________________________________________________ All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html