Something special to be remembered with using aufs?

Hi!

I compiled yesterday a new realtime patched kernel 2.6.20-rc5-rt2 and downloaded aufs from CVS ($ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@aufs.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/aufs co -P aufs). Then I made aufs.ko by $ make -f local.mk as instructed in README file.

Just copying aufs.ko to /KNOPPIX/modules works fine with Qemu but the problem is with CD image (or I'm using DVD usually). This is the error message I get:

Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc... Segmentation fault

And then that usual "Welcome to...", and after it "mount: Device of resource busy". And "can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry".

So my question is: Is it possibly to build aufs to be used with realtime patched kernel (http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/) on liveCD? I never succeeded with unionfs. My aufs module compiled fine and I can even install it to hd installed system, so what is different on liveCD?

I have used linuxrc from Knoppix 5.1.0 DVD. Is aufs-utils essential with liveCD and can repacked version from DVD be used with other kernels? How to 'purge' aufs.ko from system specific paths? Now 'strings aufs.ko | grep tapsa' shows many entries including '/home/tapsa/aufs/fs/aufs'.

Regards
Tapani Räikkönen
(alias -tapsa-)