Re: Update on the CA/CF keyboard issue

In my foregoing mail, I wrote:

Unfortunately, these key combinations do not work on OpenOffice.org2 except No. 1 (é,É). So, I activated SCIM and chose the IMEngine “English/European”. Using KDE Keyboard Layout “French Canadian” and SCIM “English/European” together, all the key combinations above work very well also on OpenOffice.org2.

Sorry, I had forgotten to mention another (probably) inportant point, namely "characterset". In the traditional environment for Western languages (iso8859-1), SCIM cannot be activated. The characterset should be UTF-8. In my customization, I edited the whole concerning settings in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig. For example, I changed the settings for "boot option: lang=us/en" as follows:

	*)
	# American version
	LANGUAGE="us"
	COUNTRY="us"
	LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
	KEYTABLE="us"
	XKEYBOARD="us"
	KDEKEYBOARD="us"
	CHARSET="UTF-8"
	# Additional KDE Keyboards
	KDEKEYBOARDS="th,la,kh,mm,vn,ara,in,de"
	XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
	TZ="America/New_York"
	;;

In a similar way, I edited also the settings for other languages (de_DE.UTF-8, es_ES.UTF-8, fr_FR.UTF-8, ja_JP.UTF-8, ko_KR.UTF-8, ru_RU.UTF-8, zh_CN.UTF-8, and so on). I hope the "Total Transition to Unicode/UTF-8" will be considered for a future version of Knoppix. Thank you

djugem