Re: A few comments about Knoppix 5.1

Am Dienstag, 02. Januar 2007 01:22 schrieb Sebastian Rahtz:
> > The Open Source development model lacks in a very important area: TESTING
>
> The phrase "open source" is primarily a legal matter; it says something
> about the licensing of a piece of software. It does NOT imply a development
> model.

Do you really think that I must say "a model of distributed effort by
programmers not being paid for the work" when we mean the same thing? And by
the way... many Open Source developers are paid for their work.

> But it is a very unreasonable calumny to imply that all open source software
> suffers from  lack of testing!

Who said that?

> Many projects take testing extremely seriously.

My experience is exactly the opposite.

> Klaus does not deserve the disapprobation....

Where in my mail did I malign Klaus?

Ronny