Re: Re: Knoppix 5.1 Mini-Announcement

At 11:31 AM 12/17/2006, you wrote:

> But offering "early access" for SERIOUS testing, to a SSH
> public-key-protected rsync repository, affording a few extra GB
> should be possible.

What about a bit torrent ?
I also have a 1and1 developper contract with 1'500 GB of
to offer for temporary download. Would this help ?

> I know, it's annoying... But in theory, it should not appear if you
> with knoppix home=/dev/sda1 (or home=scan), so you can go away after
> typing that at he boot:-Prompt. If it doesn't work that way, it's a

The knoppix-image script (called from knopppix-autoconfig which is
from linuxrc) always shows a dialog box with cancel as a time-out

+1 for 2.6.20 if you can get it working...

Did you get the chance to rewrite all or portion of the linuxrc script
(to include booting from an iso located on a ntfs partition ?)

Vmware is working on releasing their tools (drivers) with an other
licence type
which I hope will allow live distros to include them in the hw
When that will be the case could you please consider including the vm
tools in Knoppix ?

Best Regards,

Do You Yahoo!?